Terms and Conditions
- Code on the Sea is a conference organized by Code on the Beach, Inc.
- The registration for the conference is only through this website's registration form.
- Payment of the registration fee must be made during registration, via accepted major credit cards.
- Registration is subject to availability. If the conference sells out, you may request to be on the waiting list by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The registration fee does not include a cruise cabin. The terms and conditions of booking a room at Carnival are available at their website, www.carnival.com
- For cancellation information, contact email@example.com. Cancellations between 5/1/2014 and 7/31/2014 are subject to a $200 cancellation fee. Cancellations between 8/1/2014 and 10/31/2014 are subject to a 50% cancellation fee or $375, whichever is greater. Cancellations on or after 11/1/2014 are non-refundable.
- The sessions are for registered attendees only; spouses, partners, friends, and children are not allowed to attend sessions without registering separately.
- A cruise cabin is not included with the conference registration fee, and we do not book a cruise cabin for you during registration. You will be prompted during Step 2 of registration with information as to how to book your cruise cabin.
- Image/Video Release: Your registration and attendance at this event indicates your consent to be filmed and to the use of your image, without payment of any kind, for use in program(s) and for other promotional/editorial activities of Code on the Beach, Inc., and/or its sponsors, for future use in any and all media, now known or hereafter created.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 5/12/2014. Any updates to these terms will be listed below. By registering before the event, you acknowledge that these terms and conditions are subject to change before the event.
- Your name and email may be given to sponsors of the event, for private use only.
- Any photos or video taken of you during the event may be made public online or in print media, or used for promotional materials by Code on the Beach, Inc., or any of its sponsors.
- Any feedback you provide may be used publicly on the website or in promotional materials.
Code of Conduct
Code on the Sea is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified by t-shirts and/or special badges.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance. We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events.